DEI Trainings / Workshops
DEI Trainings / Workshops
Project 986 designs and facilitates capacity-building interactive DEI trainings, workshops, dialogues and strategy-building sessions designed to meet the varied needs and experience levels of clients. From clients who are taking their initial steps to invest in DEI values and outcomes to those seeking more advanced approaches to this work and/or who have developed a supportive foundation for their efforts and are ready to deepen their investment in DEI processes, Project 986 is ready to design and facilitate tailored interactive programs for you, ranging from short, 90-minute sessions to longer sessions designed for full and multi-day facilitation.
Popular topics which can be facilitated as short and longer interactive sessions as well as for diverse competency levels and stages of organizational, agency or group development include:
- Aligning Organizational Practices & Outcomes with DEI Values: From Learning to Action
- Understanding & Challenging White Dominant Culture & Its Impact on Institutions, Organizations & Communities
- Introduction to Levels of Racism: Promoting Racial Equity (Internally & Externally)
- All-staff Visioning Process: Designing an Inclusive, Equitable Pathway Forward in Your Organization’s DEI/Racial Equity Efforts
- Confronting/Mitigating the Reality of Various Forms of Unconscious/Implicit Cultural Bias & Their Impact on Organizational Cultures/Practices
- Organizational/Agency/Group Leaders Modeling DEI in Behaviors, Interactions & Communication
- Strategies for Supporting BIPOC Staff & Stakeholders: A Workshop for Senior Leaders/People Managers
- Creating an Inclusive and Equitable Workplace Culture
- Recruiting and Hiring a More Diverse Workforce; Applying a DEI Lens to Hiring Practices
- Recruiting and Hiring a Racially Diverse Workforce; Applying a Racial Equity Lens to Hiring Practices
- Anti-racism – What Is It? Where Is This Critical to Insert This Value Into Our Work?
- Understanding & Defining Equity as a Process & Outcome
- Understanding & Exploring Opportunities to Mitigate the Impact of Microaggressions
- Developing Tools & Frameworks to Promote Equity/Justice-inspired Programming & Initiatives
- Building a Community of Shared, Sustainable Practice, Learning & Growth to Support an Organization-wide Commitment to DEI/Racial Equity
Why Partner with Project 986?
Now more than ever the mission of your organization, business or agency depends upon your commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion as an integral aspect of your practices and objectives. At Project 986, we recognize the complexities of and challenges associated with this important yet inspired work and are dedicated to supporting you every step of the way as you take initial and advanced steps in your journey to transform your organization, agency or group culture, systems and practices for the purpose of meeting the needs of culturally and racially diverse employees and external stakeholders. No matter the size of your organization or the scope of your mission, investing in affordable, tailored diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) services provided by Project 986 will increase your capacity to realize your goals for the benefit of your workforce as well as culturally diverse clients and communities served in consistently evolving business, industry and social climates.
We don’t believe in “one size fits all” models for integrating DEI strategies into your organizational, agency or group goals and dedicate ourselves to identifying and designing practical and accessible methods for doing so that make sense for your brand and stakeholders. We understand that working in partnership with you is essential to your success in supporting short and long-term DEI efforts meant to advance your organizational, agency or group goals in the following areas:
- Transforming into an organization or agency where DEI values are embedded into and valued in all aspects of your internal and external practices
- Aligning your organizational, agency or group vision and mission with DEI values
- Mitigating the impact of various forms of cultural bias adversely impacting your workplace culture and the experiences of historically marginalized groups (internally and externally)
- Supporting leadership DEI development through coaching, advising and mentoring
- Improving your efforts to recruit and retain a diverse workforce
- Increasing your potential to equitably and inclusively meet and respond to the needs and experiences of a culturally and racially diverse workforce
- Prioritizing equitable outcomes in internal and external practices and processes
- Creating a supportive and validating workplace environment for historically marginalized identities while enhancing the cultural humility and awareness of your leadership and workforce
- Developing effective DEI marketing, advertising and community outreach strategies
- Expanding your services into diverse markets as well as attracting diverse customers, clients and consumers to your brand
- Cultivating mutually supportive partnerships with organizations serving and advocating for diverse populations
Whether we’re partnering with small or larger, more complex organizations, we’re excited to design customized DEI services for the clients we serve and look forward to working with you.